If you have restarted all of your arservers, without the right settings,
all of your mid-tiers might be still connecting to just the first ARServer
you started up. one way to trigger a rebalance is to click on 'Balance Now'
from the mid-tier config pages.

May I ask how are you determining an even distribution of users?

If you look at the license review form by connecting to each ARServer
individually,  you should see all users across all AR servers if you are
using round robin and have removed persistence. What you want to pay
attention to is the 'last accessed time' - a user can show up in all
ARServers, due to the round-robin configuration, if they are a floating
user, they will still only consume one floating license.