Hi all,
Here's why the few hairs I have left are grey:

New win 2003 sp1 server (all ms updates), SQL 2000 (std):
I installed the User & Admin tools OK.

When I attempt to install ARS 7.0.1 p1 (server.exe), after
the last prompt (SA password) the install disappears. No
log files, no event log entries, nothing!

Same result with Symatec AV disabled and windows 'data
execution prevention' set to 'windows only'.

Same result with 'net ops' or on the actual console.
Same result if unicode is specified or not.

Same result with ARS 7.0.1 server.exe (no patch)
Same result on an identical server (intending to use SQL
on 1st server).

Note that the install CD (burned from a download) and today's
direct download to the server are both the same size, AND
both failed the same way.

I suspect that there's a windows setting causing this, but the
local SysAdmins (who seem real sharp) are at a loss.

BMC Support reports never having seen this behavior before. My
Case has been escalated to their next level. I've raised the
escalation to the ARSlist.

BTW, I havn't had this much difficulty installing ARS since I
had to use diskettes for ARS 2.0 on a unix box ...

Thankx in advance,
Joel
[EMAIL PROTECTED]