Matt,

I have done something similar wherein a Role is used
to define a set of individuals (only one has to
approve) who need to provide approvals on a request.
The tricky part was getting the name of the approver
against the signature line created. To do this I had
to add a field on the AP:Signature form called
'Approver Group/Individual'. Make sure you use a field
id that is not in the reserved range.

Add this field to the AP:Detail-Signature and the join
form that holds the approval signature lines for your
application.

You then need to define filters on the AP:Signature
form to populate the approvers full name field. The
first filter should check if the Approvers field has a
match in your user form or LDAP based on the login
name as this is what is populated in the 'Approvers'
field. If a match is found set the 'Approver
Group/Individual' to the full name. If no match found
then set this to NULL.

The second filter checks if the 'Approver
Group/Individual' is null and the 'Original Approvers'
field is not null and sets the 'Approver
Group/Individual' field with the value of the
'Original Approvers' field. This will set the
'Approver Group/Individual' to the Role name which in
this case could be the Change Manager group. This way
you have one signature line for the group of
individuals that belong to the role.

Note that you have to create the relevant roles in the
approval server. This works perfectly if you need one
signature line for a group of approvers and any one of
them can approve the request. I have linked the
approval server to a custom app so am not sure if you
will have any additional steps involved for Change 7.

Good luck!
Saby