________________________________

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Axton
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2008 9:37 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Server Configuration Recommendations

** On Jan 15, 2008 10:22 AM, Kaiser Norm E CIV USAF 96 CS/SCCE
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

        I personally tend to disagree with the notion of putting the DB
on its
        own server.  I prefer to put ARS and the DB on the same server
and
        Midtier on its own to cut down on the database accesses and
updates from
        having to be accomplished over the network.

Local sockets will always be faster than IP sockets.

        We have over 2,000 concurrent users, and our performance is
outstanding.

        Considering your performance is slowing with a modest increase
in the
        number of users, I would suspect a memory leak of some sort.
Have you
        looked at RAM consumption in task manager?