   _____

Da: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Per conto di Harry Pugh
Inviato: martedì 22 gennaio 2008 17.42
A: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Oggetto: Terrible performance - 6 concurrent users

Hi,

I’m running into some pretty bad performance problems with what should be a
pretty simple setup for Remedy and ITSM 7. Our help desk users are
experiencing delays of up to 30 seconds just when pulling up the dropdowns
for the Operational Categorizations. They’re experiencing delays from 45
seconds to a minute just to pull open an Incident form. Saving an incident
takes up to 20 seconds. We only have 6 concurrent users out of a user base
of 22.

We’re running ARServer 7.1 and ITSM 7.0.02 patch 6 on one server with 2xDual
Core 2.66GHz Xeon processors, 3.5 GB RAM. The DB is running on SQL Server
2000 on a separate box with a lot of RAM and RAID 5 storage.

The avg. cpu % on the ARServer is very low  (< 3%) and ARServer.exe is
taking up 673 MB of RAM, aremailid.exe is taking up close to 40MB of RAM,
and arplugin.exe is taking close to 28MB of RAM.

I turned on SQL and API logging and used the LogAnalyzer tool to run through
the SQL logs. I’m showing one query that one of my users executed that took
26.358 seconds to complete – when I copy and paste the SQL Command into SQL
Server Management studio it executes and returns the result immediately.
There are also some queries run by the Remedy Application Service that claim
to take 300 seconds to execute – again it returns immediately when I run the
query on my own. So something must be blocking these queries, but what? As
far as Incident is concerned, we’re running a pretty out of the box setup
for ITSM 7.

The API log analysis looks pretty bad as well, I saw a lot of long running
commands:

*       20.85 seconds (executed by a user): +SE ARSetEntry – schema HPD:Help
Desk entryId INCxyz from Remedy User (protocol 13) at IP address a.b.c.d

*       300.45 seconds (executed by Remedy App Service): +GLEWF
ARGetListEntryWithFields – schema
BMC.CORE.CONFIG:BMC_CIToConfigBaseRelationship from Unidentified Client
(protocol 12) at IP address

*       51.466 seconds (executed by a user): +SE ARSetEntry – schema
HPD:Help Desk entryID …………………

As for our server queues, I’m using the following:

*       Alert Min 1 Max 5

*       Escalation Min 1 Max 20

*       Fast Min 5 Max 20

*       <blank> Min 2 Max 15

*       List Min 15 Max 25

Any ideas for how to troubleshoot this are greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

American Systems Logo

Mike Pugh

Software Engineer

13990 Parkeast Circle
Chantilly, VA 20151
HYPERLINK "http://www.americansystems.com/"www.AmericanSystems.com

phone: (703) 968-5265
mobile: (203) 434-5082
HYPERLINK
"mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]"[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Contractor of the Year - 5th Annual Greater Washington Government
Contractor Awards"

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: The information in this email is confidential and may be
legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this
email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient,
any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be
taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.

html___

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
20.23

Checked by AVG Free Edition.