I have done a few interviews in my time as well and most of the questions I ask
don't have a definitive right or wrong answer.  I look for how quickly the
answer is given and how it is presented.  For instance, one question I as is
"You want to update data in one field for 500,000 entries, how would you
accomplish this?"

There are a few ways to accomplish this but if they say "Do a modify all"
without first stating that they would check to see what workflow could fire, I
know that this person could be dangerous and has not experienced what could
happen when you do this.

The other thing that is usually missing in interviews are questions/scenarios
that pertain to ones personality and real life experience.  For example, one of
the questions I ask is "You are a consultant, working on-site and realized that
a statement of work was incorrect.  In order for the customer to continue with
the implementation, it will cost them an additional $50,000 dollars.  How do
you present this to the customer?"

Someone with consulting experience usually responds with something like "First
contact the PM and or Sales rep to discuss and allow them to work it out with
the customer."

Again, there is no right or wrong answer, just bad and good responses that give
me an idea of their real world experience.  I have seen many times that an
individual has the technical know how but is all thumbs when it comes to
working with other people and customers.

Seth Wrye