Hi All,

Please help me on the following issue...

I have installed remedy server 7.1 in a solaris 9 OS and it is having
it's own oracle 10gR2 database and client libraries. Now the server is
up and running.

Previously in the same solaris OS, I had Remedy 6.3 server connected
the remote oracle 9i database. After the above new installation, I was
updated the tnsnames.ora file to connect the remote database and also
modified the ar.conf file which includes the oracle two_task variable.
I restarted the server and it throws the following error
Action Request System initializing.
Starting AR System Server

 (ARNOTE 0)
   AR Monitor version 7.1.00 Build 200708221849 started.

 (ARNOTE 0)
   AR Monitor started.

 (ARNOTE 0)
   ARMonitor child process (pid:19262) started.
./arserverd
server: locale=[[ C ]],
 LANG=[[ C ]] NLS_LANG=[[ NULL ]]

Action Request System(R)  Server   Version 7.1.00 Build 200708221849
(c) Copyright 1991-2007 BMC Software, Inc.

390600 : The database is not the expected version (may need to run
upgrade program) (ARERR 36)

390600 : AR System server terminated -- fatal error encountered
(ARNOTE 21)

 (ARNOTE 0)
   Unable to receive indication that server is up.
My question is, Is it possible to connect the old datbase using new
remedy server using the above set up? Also let me know how to fix
this...
Note: my tablespace name , schema user name, password is same as
mentioned in ar.conf file.

Meenakshinathan