Hi Dwayne,

We had numerous people in the same situation as you did.  And it wasn't
across the board, they could run some reports but not others.  To me it
seemed that a report with subreports caused more problems but that wasn't
consistent either.

We upgraded from 5.1.2 so we had many a/l buttons that still ran on a macro
and that appears to be a problem so we've had to change the workflow to open
window strategy.

Even after we get the user working, periodically they start getting the
errors again.  I believe it is ODBC related.  And it is generally after an
application has been installed so there must be some .dll overlap.  Although
I cannot prove that theory out, we'll go with intuition.

When we have a user like that we do a removal of the C:\Program Files\Common
Files\Business Objects folder, clearing of all cache files (we have a cool
little program that does it that our new support provider TuringSMI
provided), complete uninstall / reboot / install, reconfigure the ODBC, make
sure all options are chosen correctly etc. and then it generally will work.
(well until the next time)

I had a ticket with bmc and that went no where.  After months of logging,
hoop jumping, doing it over and over on webex, the best they could recommend
was switching from macro to open window a/l's.  Sort of works but was not a
total fix.

I hope some of  this info helps, feel free to ask questions, I may have
forgotten something.

Susan