Normally we assign it to the Help Desk - but who would be the "Owner"

In a message dated 5/5/2008 9:21:53 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

**

We  automatically assign it to the Helpdesk Group (actually Service Desk if
you  want to be completely ITIL.)  The reason being that ITSM is very locked
down, and people who the ticket are not assigned to can’t edit it.  As a
result, you might want the group people go to for help with the application to
be
able to reassign it when it is accidentally assigned to the wrong  group.
Shawn  Pierson

From: Action Request  System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of  Kathy Morris
Sent: Monday, May 05, 2008 11:16 AM
To:  arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: ITIL Remedy
**

Hi,

In  Remedy ITSM 7.0.1 - who should be the actual "Owner" of the ticket.
Should it be the assigned group or the Help Desk?

What  are the advantages of one over the other.

Wondering  what's for Dinner Tonight? _Get new twists on family favorites at
AOL  Food_ (http://food.aol.com/dinner-tonight?NCID=aolfod00030000000001) .
__Platinum Sponsor:  www.rmsportal.com ARSlist: "Where the Answers Are"
html___
Private and confidential as detailed _here_
(http://www.sug.com/disclaimers/default.htm#Mail) . If you cannot  access
hyperlink, please e-mail sender.
__Platinum Sponsor: www.rmsportal.com  ARSlist: "Where the Answers Are"  html___

favorites at AOL Food.