I can see the ticket being assigned to the "Service Desk" initially -
however once the Service Desk assigns the ticket to the "Assigned Group"  -
would
the Assigned Group be the Owner? or will it remain the Service Desk.   Or is it
in some cases the Service Desk and some cases the Support Team.   This is a
source of contention in our organization.  Some Support Groups  feel they
should be the "Owner"  -

I thought ITIL basically states that the Owner is the team that effectively
handles the ticket throughout the entire life cycle.  Does ITIL  stipulate
that the Owner is the provider of the service or the Help Desk?

In a message dated 5/5/2008 9:30:20 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,