*Hi Ravi,*

We can take backup by following ways on tape drive.

Use "macro", to complete the tasks

        1. write a search criteria for "AR Email Message Form".
        2. Create a report file for the all searched records.
3. Save it on tape drive and execute your report. After that build a batch command for that macro, and schedule it as per your requirement.

Using database backup also,we can take Email Messages backup and automate it as per the requirement.

Hope this helps...

Regards,

*Sandeep
Vyom Labs Pvt. Ltd.
An ISO 20000 certified company.
Consulting | Outsourcing | Training || BMC Remedy BSM | ITIL
Web : www.vyomlabs.com
*

Ravi wrote:
Hi: I have a form which stores all the emails that are sent out by AR Email engine. I want to back up data older than 3 months on a tape drive for upto 3 years. Whatz the best way to back up data so it's available for retrieval in case I have to review the old emails? I didn't think I could just backup the data in that table from via sqlplus? I want to be able to automate the process so end of every month the data for current month - 4 months is backed up.

Thanks
Ravi