From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Phil Murnane
Sent: Friday, June 06, 2008 9:29 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Cautionary tale? SQL Replication service and Remedy

Chris:

What kind of "replication" did your DBA set up?  We have a customer looking at
this type of configuration in order to create a reporting server.  They're
deciding between either transactional replication with a read-only consumer or
a mirrored database with snapshots.

BTW, we did some testing a few years ago with SQL Server 2000 and transactional
replication with read-write consumers, and that failed miserably because SQL
Server added columns to every table to be replicated, which of cource confused
arserver.exe terribly.

Thanks,

--Phil

__Platinum Sponsor: www.rmsportal.com ARSlist: "Where the Answers Are" html___