Actually, expanding on that.  Open up the ARSystem database so you can run
some SQL queries.  Do a count on entries in the action tables for your
workflow tables (actlink_push, filter_push, filter_set, etc).  Then count
the entries in the object tables (arschema, actink, filter, escalation,
arcontainer, char_menu).  You can then tell them the following:

System has X form objects which call a total of X workflow objects.
X workflow objects perform a total of X actions.

It won't tell you "how many lines of code" the system has, but it will help
portray the level of complexity that the system is performing.  You can
break down the above a little more thoroughly to prove a more comprehensive
solution based on what your boss is looking for.

(Embedded image moved to file: pic24350.gif)Countrywide

James Van Sickle
Remedy Developer II
Enterprise Service Management

 972-696-5779 Office  1000 Coit Road
   92-540-5779        Mail Stop: PCRD-2-19
 Internal             Plano, TX 75075

             "Roberts, Chas"
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             DECOUNTYIT.ORG>                                            To
             Sent by: "Action          arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
             Request System                                             cc
             discussion
             list(ARSList)"                                        Subject
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]         Re: [ARSLIST] "Lines of code" in
             ORG>                      Remedy?

             07/10/2008 10:19
             AM

             Please respond to
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                    RG

Careful!  Maybe they are going to pay you based upon the number of lines of
code, as a measure of complexity.

Count the active links and multiply by the number of parameters in each.
Same with filters, add them to the mix.  Then multiply by the number of
tickets.  Add something for guides or other programming constructs you have
implemented.

That would be a better indication of the complexity, which is what the
metric is attempting to discover.

YMMV

Yours truly,

Charles H. Roberts, 4th  (RSP)
Customer Service Manager (CSM)
Riverside County Information Technology (RCIT)
Office:  951-486-7780
   Cell:  951-840-8699
 eMail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]