Dear Matt and list:
     Thank you for the response.  Our uses use the Windows User tool
only -- no MidTier logins.  In Remedy 5 we used a login script and
forced the ID to lower case.  When Remedy 6 was rolled out, it was
rolled out using a tool named Radia.  Due to inexperience and vendor
promises, we dropped the login script.  Bad choice.

Soon we will be implementing Remedy 7 on Oracle.  Case insensitivity was
thought of as one way to squash the Active Directory case insensitivity
/ Remedy case sensitivity once and for all.  Plus my user community
would prefer if the searches were case insensitive.

Why is it not recommended to set the flag?  How does this effect the

As for the INIT function, I will need to do a refresher.  I got my ARS 7
certification 10 months ago and have used exactly 0% of the new
knowledge.  Could I use the INIT function to lower-case the ID before
the login test?

The case decision, ultimately, will not be made by me.  I will make a
recommendation which will greatly influence the powers-that-be.  So I
appreciate your advice.
Thorin