Dear List,

I have a main form and a subfile form.  The subfile has two (actually more, but
this is just for illustration) fields, a Parent ID field that contains the
Entry ID of the main form, and an Info field.   On submission of the main form,
I use a filter to retrieve a list from a third form, then process that list to
create subfile entries.  Eg, it would retrieve a list like:

abcde
hijkl
mnopq

Then if the main form Request ID is 87 it should produce subfile entries of:

Parent ID:  87
Info:  abdde

Parent ID: 87
Info: hijkl

Parent ID: 87
Info: mnopq.

So, on submission of the main form, filters process the list, and move each
entry on the list into a temp field and do a Push Field to create the subfile
record.

Here’s the problem.  Push Fields get deferred to phase 2, and by that time the
temp field is overwritten so no subfile records get created.  If I add `! to
the end if the filter name, the filter runs in phase 1, but the main form Entry
ID hasn’t been created yet.

The ideal would be to run the workflow in an Active Link “After Submit,” but
there are times when the main form itself is created via Push Field action, so
the Active Links won’t run.

Any suggestions?

(ARS 7.1, patch 3, RH Linux server, Oracle 10.2 db)

Dwayne Martin
James Madison University