What box did you change the ip address on?  The Remedy server or the Oracle?
If it was the oracle, did you update your tnsnames.ora file on the remedy
server?

  _____

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Koski, David
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 6:58 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: IP address change - HELP

**

We recently changed the IP address on a new box from a public address to a
private address.  DNS has been updated, /etc/hosts (linux system), etc.

Now ARS won't fire up.  Oracle seems to be running fine and we can connect
to it via SQL, however ARS seems to be having problems.  The startup starts
armonitor and arserverd but never starts the email engine or plugins.  It
doesn't appear the arserverd is fully starting.  The TCP port is never
opening.

After startup the system sits for a while and then comes back with the
following errors (Which doesn't seem to make sense, how can TNS time out but
then immediately tell me the database is available):

Tue Nov 11 08:46:34 2008  390600 : Failure during SQL operation to the
database (ARERR 552)

Tue Nov 11 08:46:34 2008     ORA-12170: TNS:Connect timeout occurred

Tue Nov 11 08:46:49 2008  390600 : SQL database is now available (ARNOTE
592)

The listener is running, everything is pointed right (We didn't change
anything in the ARS or Oracle configs, just moved the DNS and changed the
IPs) and the host firewall (as well as the departmental firewall) so no
blocking.

Does anyone have a clue?  Has anyone seen this?

                Thanks

                                David

html___