From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Koski, David
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 12:37 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: IP address change - HELP

Well the problem is that it continues to do it and ARS is never accessible (We
never see our TCP port open).  None of the plugins are starting up as well, it
seems to continue to go through this cycle.

ARS/Oracle, etc are all installed on the same box.  We changed the IP on that
particular box and the tnsnames.ora file, etc are all set to the DNS name of
the host.  We've been able to login and out of oracle with sqlplus without an
issue.  DNS was update and has propagated and the /etc/hosts files were update
to reflect the IP change (The DNS name is exactly the same, it was only the IP
that changed).  We essentially moved it from a public IP address into private
space.

                David