From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Easter, David
Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2009 11:12 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Other shoe just fell, no UserWorld 2009, so on with the ARSlist
Awards

**
FYI, below is the official statement on the issue.  It was an E-mail sent
out to folks who signed up for UserWorld 2008.

I will post this, but I have no further information on the topic so please
do not question me on things like "Why weren't non-participants notified?",
"Why isn't this posted on the UserWorld website?", "Why was the decision
made?", etc.   The statement below was made by a VP of Marketing at BMC and
thus are not my own words - nor did I participate in the decision.  The
statement applies to the deferred (and now cancelled) UserWorld 2008,
UserWorld in EMEA for 2009 and UserWorld at the end of 2009.

We at BMC Software appreciate that the current economic situation has made
it difficult for many of our customers, partners, and vendors to allocate
the funds and staff time required for off-site employee training and
continued education. With that in mind, we have decided not to host the BMC
UserWorld conference for 2009.

Since the focus of BMC UserWorld always has been continued IT learning and
an open exchange of information and ideas, we invite you to explore some of
the following excellent learning opportunities:

*
<http://www.bmc.com/BMC/Common/CDA/hou_Page_Generic/0,3465,9926222_10636328,
00.html> BMC User Groups: Find and join a user group (for BMC users as well
as partners, vendors, and other third parties)

*        <http://developer.bmc.com/> The BMC Developer Network: Join the
network to participate in discussion forums and learn from other developers

*
<http://www.bmc.com/BMC/Common/CDA/hou_Page_Detail/0,3464,8028426_35074116,0
0.html> Online and local events: Explore learning opportunities at a variety
of online and local events

*
<http://www.bmc.com/BMC/Common/CDA/hou_Page_Generic/0,3465,11629550_59402322
,00.html> BMC Business School: Find and register for Web-based training on
BMC solutions

Thank you for your interest in BMC Software, and we hope to see you at one
of our future events.

In other words, no UserWorld of any kind is planned for Calendar Year 2009
(CY09).

-David J. Easter
Sr. Product Manager, Solution Strategy and Development
BMC Software, Inc.

The opinions, statements, and/or suggested courses of action expressed in
this E-mail do not necessarily reflect those of BMC Software, Inc.  My
voluntary participation in this forum is not intended to convey a role as a
spokesperson, liaison or public relations representative for BMC Software,
Inc.

  _____