From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Hennigan, Sandra H CTR OSD-CIO
Sent: Monday, January 12, 2009 11:54 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Mid-Tier and Email Failure (U)

UNCLASSIFIED

ARS Server Version/Patch- ARS 6
Help Desk 5
ARS MidTier Version/Patch- 6
OS/Version- Windows Sever 2003
SQL 2000

The ARS server was virtualized about 4 months ago.

Help - both the mid-tier and the email engine have stopped responding.

ARS, Help Desk and Mid-Tier are all housed on the same server that connects
to a remote SQL database.

Help Desk appears to be running without error - tickets can be submitted,
resolved and are being auto-closed as expected.

The AREmail form is being created but is not getting sent.

The server has been restarted a couple of times. I even had the team shut
down the server then boot.
Both the Remedy Email Engine service and IIS say "Started"
Both can be stopped/started as if nothing was wrong.

The server team swears that no changes have been made - I have searched the
server and not found "Modified dates" that would indicate changes.
Microsoft patching was last done 16 December.
This problem arrived Thursday 8 January.

A ticket has been opened with Remedy Support but we have not yet received
assistance.
Any ideas how to restore use of the Email engine and mid-tier?

Sandra Hennigan

Apparently, there is nothing that cannot happen today.  Mark Twain

RMI Solutions ARSlist: "Where the Answers Are"