Sergio

It will for an ascii file (.asc)

Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Sergio Tomillero
Sent: 13 January 2009 10:48
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Creating massive User Preference records with the same
configuration

Hello Matt,

No, I can't. Remedy Import only recognizes coma (,) as separator. What I
have finally done is adding a double quote (") at the begining and at the
end of each field that contains coma as value. So, when exporting the Excel
file to .csv, automatically the affected fields have three double quotes
("""). Just replacing with notepad the ("") for nothing the affeced fields
remains with double quotes at the begining and at the end. So, when
importing the file using Remedy import, it recognizes that the coma is not
separator in the fields with values that contains double quote at the
begining and end.

I guess it is not the most dynamic way, but I have not found any other
better.

Thanks,
Sergio Tomillero

Matt Worsdell-2 wrote:

> You can use a custom delimiter, maybe use a pipe (|)?
>

>> Hello Jason,
>>
>> I tried it, but unfortunally there are some records which have colon (,)
>> and
>> semi-colon (;) as part of its values, so the import cannot be done.
>>
>> Thanks
>>

>> Jason Bess wrote:
>>>
>>> Sergio, you should be able to export all the fields of a single entry
>>> with
>>> the correct settings to a CSV. Generate a list of the login names. Add
>>> the
>>> login names and short description to the spreadsheet, copy all the
>>> remaining values down, and import with arimport.

Nabble.com.

___
UNSUBSCRIBE or access ARSlist Archives at www.arslist.org