What operating system are you installing on?

There were numerous issues with installing SLM 7.03 on Solaris
especially if you were doing it as non-root.  Here are just a few things
to check...

1.) Make sure the application is licensed.  There was a bug with this
but unfortunately I don't remember the specifics

2.) Before you re-install go to /var/tmp and delete any/all logs (or
rename/move) from the previous install

If it still won't re-install contact BMC support.  We had to roll back
to our pre-SLM database several times when we were trying to install.
Strangely we only ever had problems on 2 of our 4 environments - the
other two worked the first time.  There was no known difference between
them.

William Rentfrow

Principal Consultant, StrataCom Inc.

wrentf...@stratacominc.com