Rabi,
Here's the qualification I ran on that canned report (in user tool):
('1000000560' >= "02/01/09 12:00:00 AM" AND '1000000560' <= "02/09/09 5:43:53
PM")

It returned 2138 records and it took 1 minute, 12 seconds. Work info IS
included in my system.

I am currently in the same building as the datacenter that houses both the App
servers and DB server. Obviously, the DB is remote to the application. DB is
oracle.
Our App servers are virtual servers on Win2k3 with 8gb of RAM and Quad 3ghz
xeon processors.
Not too sure about the DB but it is running on an AIX cluster with a Gig
Ethernet link.
Hope this helps.

Tauf Chowdhury
Analyst, Service Management
Office: 631.858.7765
Mobile:646.483.2779

-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Rabi Tripathi
Sent: Monday, February 09, 2009 2:04 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Somebody please run this ITSM 7 report for me

Hi all,
I have complaints of slow or never-ending reporting in ITSM 7. After a lot of
looking around, I am wondering if the inherent design of the reports is a big
factor. Such as a Join done in the report (with a subreport), ODBC overhead etc.

Can somebody run this report for me and tell me how long it takes. If you can
use Remedy User instead of a browser and do this on a powerful box (may I
suggest production?) that would be nice--

Incident Management Console->Reports

On "ReportSelection" popup choose this "Report Name":
Incident->Incident Information->All Incidents->Incicent Details By Date Range

For "Start Date" and "End Date" select dates that would give you at least 500
Incidents in your environment. Closer to 1000 would be nice.

Choose "Destination" = "Screen"

Click "Run Report" and start your "Stop Watch"

On the prompt asking for titles, just click "Ok"

Let me know:
(1) how long until the report completes...meaning ReportViewer pop-up has
finished loading all data (hint where it shows page info like this "1/6+",
presence of "+" means its still loading more.

(2) how many Incidents did you catch

(3) does your report have "work info" included for incidents?

(4) Quick detail of your environment. The network path between your PC and the
server, how "strong" is the AR Server/Database

Ok, it's quite some work...but may I plead that I would do this for you? :)

If you want to be really nice to me, if you could do the same report such that
your date criteria catches no Incidents at all, how much time till the Report
windows shows up and completes loading with no info on the report?

Thank you in advance.

This e-mail and its attachments may contain Forest Laboratories, Inc.
proprietary information that is privileged, confidential or subject to
copyright belonging to Forest Laboratories, Inc. This e-mail is intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are
not the intended recipient of this e-mail, or the employee or agent responsible
for delivering this e-mail to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution, copying or action taken in relation to
the contents of and attachments to this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may
be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of this
e-mail and any printout.