Actually, people use LastId for that exact purpose all the time.

Rick

From:         "Sokol, Brian" <bso...@scholastic.com>

Date:         Fri, 20 Mar 2009 09:13:02
To: <arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
Subject: Re: Workflow Order Question

Hi Kevin,

No I can not use that. I need this at the time the tkt is created so
that it is part of the email that is sent out at tkt creation.

My original question is about workflow timing and the log file. Do the
events occur in the same order as they appear in the log? The logs show
the PO numbers getting populated before the HD tkt creation but they are
not being pushed to the HD tkt at creation.