From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Tony Worthington
Sent: Friday, March 20, 2009 8:45 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Popup Broadcast Messages

** Think global field, active link on interval...

Joseph Kasell <Joseph_Kasell>

arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

03/20/2009 07:38 AM

Popup Broadcast Messages

Sent by:

"Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)" <arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>

________________________________

Good morning everybody!

We're running ITSM 6 on an ARS 7.0.01 server.

I having a brainlock this morning thinking about this issue and am
wondering if this is something which is a lot simpler than what I'm
thinking it should be or if I'm missing the obvious.

Management here would like to have the ability to have a broadcast popup
message be sent to Remedy users to inform them of important activities,
changes in procedures, etc.  The message and the users who are the
target
of the message would change as appropriate and as circumstances dictate.

We currently are using emails for all notifications from Remedy.
However,
for this instance, I am asked to see if this can be done without the
need
to use email since they want to avoid users needing to constantly scan
their mail in the event they want a message sent out.

They also would like the user to click a button on the message to
acknowledge receipt of the message.

I'm thinking, OK, have a display-only form appear with a field to hold
the
message and a button with an active link to perform a close and
acknowledgement of receipt.  I'm trying to figure out how to get that
form
to appear on user A's screen while he is in Remedy whenever user B
decides
that there is a need to compose and broadcast such a message.

I know there is the bulletin board in ITSM 6, but it requires active
scanning on the part of the user.  We're looking for a popup.

Appreciate the help.

Joe

Joseph Kasell
Senior Systems Engineer