Actually, I can confirm this problem using ARSperl 1.91 and the 7.1 API.

When use the 'head' version of ARSperl this does not occur - this is because
Thilo Stapff has checked in some additions to ARSperl that did not make it
to the 1.91 release.

I will ask Thilo if he can create a 1.92 release. In the mean time, you can
checkout the latest version from CVS and use that.

Kind regards,
--
Michiel Beijen
Software Consultant