If the question presented to them is about workflow... are they not
obligated?  Yours... theirs... doesn't matter.

David M Clark
Remedy Programmer/Analyst

>>> Lyle Taylor <tayl...@ldschurch.org> 3/24/2009 10:50 AM >>>
I don't think so.  They will support the applications out of the box.
They won't support customizations.  If you break something with your
customizations, they are not obligated to help you figure out how you
broke it.  They might, but they might not.  They are also not
necessarily obligated to help you understand their workflow, unless it
relates to a documented integration point.  Many of the whitepapers they
provide are nice, but not strictly necessary.

Understand that I would love it if BMC documented their systems better.
 I just don't think that the statement that it is necessary that they
document their naming conventions, or the implied statement that they
should document other implementation details, is correct.  It would be
great if they did, but they are under no obligation to do so.

Lyle

-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of David.M Clark
Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2009 9:36 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: ITSM naming convention sucks

I think that paying for support says otherwise... except for that
"easy"
part.

David M Clark
Remedy Programmer/Analyst

>>> Lyle Taylor <tayl...@ldschurch.org> 3/24/2009 10:06 AM >>>
Strictly speaking, ITSM is BMC's product, and they are under no
obligation to provide us with any of the nitty-gritty details about
how
their application was written including any naming conventions used
internally, etc.  The fact that BMC allows you to customize the
product
doesn't mean they need to support you in that effort or to make it
easy
for you.