*********

Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 09:32:29 -0700
From: Juan Ingles <juan.n...@gmail.com>

** James,
Kind of late for a reply to your message, but for the record...

The same thing happens with the silent install of AR Server on Linux. No matter
what I do, the install goes to the default location. Since the behavior is the
same on different platforms and different installers, I suspect it is an
underlying issue with the InstallAnywhere package that BMC is using.

I have also run across all sorts of other problems with the silent install that
has me on the verge of deciding that it is not viable. The latest gem is LDAP
install errors when I don't even select the LDAP features.

This has me really frustrated. The silent install is the only way around the
X-Windows requirement. (What, exactly, is the value of a "console" install
option if it still requires XWindows?)

I hope you've had better luck than I have,
Juan Ingles