I used .NET 2.0 to do my Crystal servers; I don't remember if the Crystal
installer will go out and install .NET if it is not present; it might have.

The other thing you have to decide is what to do for the SQL database. Since
Crystal has had an annoying habit of installing relatively unsecure versions of
the unmanaged desktop MS SQL Server over the years, I usually install a SQL
Server Standard 2005 server first to be the host for the BOE11 database, so
that I have full control over version and configuration, which SQL Server user
account it will use (I create my own, make it a dbcreator, and disable the "sa"
account), and limit it to local TCP/IP connections.

Christopher Strauss, Ph.D.
Call Tracking Administration Manager
http://itsm.unt.edu/