Dear List,

I have a form (“PCS:Asset”) that had a field called “User” that has
mysteriously disappeared.  In sql, if I select all the field IDs and names from
the “field” table, it isn’t there.

But when I try to save an entry I get an error saying “ARERR [552] Failure
during SQL operation to the database : ORA-00904: "USER_X": invalid identifier.”

The SQL log shows:
select …, USER_X, … from PCS_ASSET where ASSETT_ID = 'PCA0000005'
. . . */*** ERROR ***  ORA-00904: "USER_X": invalid identifier

So my field is gone, but its ghost remains in the SQL view to haunt me.

If I look for “Fields in View” the field isn’t in the “In” or “Not In” table.

I tried “DROP VIEW PCS_ASSET” and adding a new field to see if Remedy would
rebuild the SQL view, but if I do “DESC PCS_ASSET” I see the new field, along
with “USER_X

If I try to create a new field with the same name and ID, it first complains
that the “User” name is already in use, then when I change the name it says
“Field does not exist on current form : 565000229 (ARERR 314).”

This problem may have something to do with the “_X” after the fieldname.  Maybe
I put two spaces after the name.

I’m thinking of starting over from scratch.  Any other suggestions?

Dwayne Martin
James Madison University
(ARS 7.1 p3, RH Linux server, Oracle 10.2 db)