Did the field ever exist? I'm guessing it failed under the covers on
creation when Remedy went to actually create the table. The word "USER" is a
reserved word in the database. That's why the name in the view has the "_X"
tagged onto it. ( Same reason the view for the user form is named "User_x" )

It's best to stay away from reserved names, as all sorts of weird things can
happen as a result.
If you can, I would suggest recreating the form and name the field something
different.

Juan Ingles