Thanks, Juan!

According to my records and memory, the field has been named "User" for at
least the past nine days.  But I guess it is possible that I made some innocent
change that I don't remember that triggered the problem.

The big question is, now that I have made the mistake, is there any way of
reversing it other than by creating a whole new form, and repointing the
workflow from the present to the new form?

Dwayne