All I can say is ouch. Could it been the order that items were installed in?

Sent from Howard Richter's iPhone

On Jul 29, 2009, at 2:45 PM, Charles Baldi <charles.ba...@gmail.com> wrote:

**
An update. Apparently there were some fundamental errors during the original install of Incident that were not caught and corrected by that team. These errors were specifically in the area of integration with Asset/CMDB. The BMC-supported direction is a ground-up rebuild, which we are doing.

So, not a trivial solution but we have a plan. Thanks to those who helped.

Regards,
Chuck Baldi

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 4:43 PM, Charles Baldi <charles.ba...@gmail.com > wrote: This is a development system, but we are prepping for an Asset install into production, which has the identical configuration (and same missing AST:BaseElement).

I wonder if it is the "authentication" between the CMDB processes and ARServer. Any thoughts? Pending feedback from BMC, I will be trying to poke things with cmdbdriver to see if I get a different response. I will also try re-applying CMDB 2.1 patch 4 again to. I have good backups so getting to a known state is not a problem.

Chuck