Rick,

There are several places in the ITSM 7.0.3 Suite where they use the special
run process "PERFORM-ACTION-ACTIVE-LINK 1 <fieldid>" to trigger workflow
that is tied to buttons that are hidden or otherwise inaccessible to the
user.  In the case of the 'z3Btn Select Template' button, look at the
HPD:INC:QL_SelectTemplate_100 active link for the run process action.
That's the only active link I found that triggers that particular button.

If you are on Oracle, the following SQL can help you find these things
(normal cautions apply when working at the db level).  Just replace
<FIELD_ID> with the fieldid of the button you are looking for ('z3Btn
Select Template').
--------------------
//Run Process Actions by fieldid
select s.name Form, a.name AL_Name, a.alorder ExecOrder, a.queryshort
RunIf_s, a.querylong RunIf_l, ap.actionindex, ap.command, ap.keywordlist,
ap.parameterlist
from actlink a, actlink_mapping am, arschema s, actlink_process ap
where a.actlinkid = am.actlinkid
and am.schemaid = s.schemaid
and a.actlinkid = ap.actlinkid
and a.enable = 1
and (ap.command like '%<FIELD_ID>%' OR ap.parameterlist like
'%<FIELD_ID>%')  //the run process command

//other clauses to add as needed
//and s.name = 'CHG:Infrastructure Change'  // form name
//and (a.QUERYSHORT like '%\<FIELD_ID>\%' OR a.QUERYLONG like '%\<FIELD_ID>
\%')   //field id in the run if of the AL
--------------------

Thad Esser
Remedy Developer
"Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a
brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky?" - Pink Floyd

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>

  |"Phillips, Richard I CTR USA" <rick.philli...@us.army.mil>

|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>

  |arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>

  |07/29/2009 09:43 PM

|------------>
| Subject:   |
|------------>

  |ITSM 7.1, Incident form, dialogs, and hidden menu bar menus

|------------>
| Sent by:   |
|------------>

  |"Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)" <arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>

ITSM 7.1

I'm familiar with Users selecting a value from a menu bar menu on a
regular form, and having an A/L fire.

How does an A/L fire when the menu bar menu is hidden, and the form is a
dialog?

Here's my scenario:  When a user selects an Incident template to create
an INC, the following A/L fires:

HPD:INC:SelectTemplate_110_SetDescription

It executes on Button/Menu Item 'z3Btn Select Template'.

'z3Btn Select Template' is not a button, but appears to be a menu bar
item.  It's associated with HPD:Helpdesk dialog views only (but dialog
windows have no menu bars).

Additionally, 'z3Btn Select Template' is 'not in any view'.  The only
HPD:Helpdesk form views with menu bar menus have them hidden, but
enabled.

How does this A/L get fired?

Thanks,

Rick

*IMPORTANT NOTICE: This communication, including any attachment, contains
information that may be confidential or privileged, and is intended solely for
the entity or individual to whom it is addressed.  If you are not the intended
recipient, you should delete this message and are hereby notified that any
disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message is strictly prohibited.
Nothing in this email, including any attachment, is intended to be a legally
binding signature.
*