The best way is what you had probelms with DB restore. The Migrator will
provide a way to transfer the underlieing data or you can do a lot of
exports/imports. Some others may have additional methods.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ramey, Anne <anne.ra...@its.nc.gov>
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Sent: Tue, Aug 11, 2009 9:46 am
Subject: syncing environments

**

We are at the point where we need to sync the data from our production system
back into out test system--primarily for performance testing at this point.
The problem is how to accomplish this.  Last time we did this, we copied the DB
over…and ended up with a lot of trouble.  We had to re-install EIE three times
to get it working on test again.  What is the best way to get the data over
from Production without breaking test?

Remedy 7.1, ITSM 7.0.3, EIE, Config Disc.

Anne Ramey

E-mail correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the North
Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties only by an
authorized State Official.