From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Grooms, Frederick W
Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2009 10:59 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Moving ARS 6.3 -> ARS 7.5

Are you sticking with the same applications in Remedy?

If so I would recommend building the new box, installing Oracle, copying the
data from Oracle 9 (I think the Oracle utility is called Data Pump or something
like that), and installing ARS 7.5 as an upgrade.

Using the Oracle utility will also copy things like your Procedures/Functions
and dbLinks to the new database.

The DBAs here used the utility when we moved our databases from a Sun RISC
cluster w/Oracle 9i to a Sun x86 cluster w/Oracle 10g with no problems.

Fred