Are you supposed to be able to discover UNIX and Linux with BMC Discovery?

In a message dated 10/5/2009 5:08:50 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
tauf.chowdh...@frx.com writes:

**

How  are you running the UNIX discovery? Are you using telnet or SSH? If
you are  using telnet and your UNIX admins have disabled that and only allow
SSL  connections, then you will not be able to discover those hosts.
Tauf  Chowdhury
Analyst,  Service Management
Office: 631.858.7765
Mobile:646.483.2779

From: Action Request  System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of  Kathy Morris
Sent: Monday, October 05, 2009 4:49  PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: BMC  Discovery
**

We  are on using BMC Discovery - and we are unable to discover Linux, UNIX
server  info - such as ip address, host name,  etc.   Is anyone else  able
to discover Linux and UNIX servers using BMC Discovery  Tool?

Do we  have our environment configured incorrectly?

_Platinum Sponsor: rmisoluti...@verizon.net ARSlist: "Where  the Answers
Are"_

____________________________________
This e-mail and its attachments may contain Forest Laboratories, Inc.
proprietary information that is privileged, confidential or subject to
copyright belonging to Forest Laboratories, Inc. This e-mail is intended
solely for
the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If  you are
not the intended recipient of this e-mail, or the employee or agent
responsible for delivering this e-mail to the intended recipient, you are
hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying or action taken  in
relation to the contents of and attachments to this e-mail is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please
notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and  any
copy of this e-mail and any printout.