From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Kathy Morris
Sent: Monday, October 05, 2009 5:11 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: BMC Discovery

**

Are you supposed to be able to discover UNIX and Linux with BMC
Discovery?

In a message dated 10/5/2009 5:08:50 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
tauf.chowdh...@frx.com writes:

        **

        How are you running the UNIX discovery? Are you using telnet or
SSH? If you are using telnet and your UNIX admins have disabled that and
only allow SSL connections, then you will not be able to discover those
hosts.

        Tauf Chowdhury

        Analyst, Service Management

        Office: 631.858.7765