The only way I know to restrict queues to certain groups is with multi-tenancy,
and if you haven't already implemented it you probably cannot change it now -
it's a sea change for the entire application.  If your non-shared queue only
exists in one company, no support staff homed in other companies will be able
to see it to manually select it unless they are explicitly given access to that
company.  We put all of the shared queues (ALL support staff can see them) in a
separate Ticket Transfer company, to which all support staff are given access.
The support group queues in the separate operational companies are ONLY visible
to the internal company members.  If we need to have two groups homed in
different companies collaborating on a process in a shared queue, we will make
a third company with one support org and one support group.  The members of the
two groups that need to collaborate must be given access to this third company,
and be given permissions and roles in that company in order to use the new
queue.  Note that you have to create at least one new user account homed in the
new operational company - it can be a dummy account -the workflow for creating
the operational company enforces this.

Even with multi-tenancy, I have not seen where you can differentiate between
which application you are using in a given support group queue.  If you have
application permissions to Incident Management, and access to the operational
company that contains the support group queue in question, you will be able to
see it and assign Incidents to it manually, even though you only wanted it to
be used for Change Requests.

When you set up assignment rules, you should be able to build separate ones for
Incident, Problem, and Change based on the selected applications in the
Available Systems section of the assignment configuration record.

Christopher Strauss, Ph.D.
Call Tracking Administration Manager
http://itsm.unt.edu/