From: patchsk <vamsi...@gmail.com>
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Sent: Mon, November 9, 2009 9:28:33 AM
Subject: Re: Ports and Queues - Thread Settings ?

Hi Raj,
There is no easy and straight answer to find the optimum number of
threads.
It is different for each app and environment.
You need to start with a min number of threads and increase one or two
at a time till you find
the number which fits perfectly to your environment.
Use api and thread logs to do analysis and fine tuning.
There is a remedy performace tuning: Optimization and trouble shooting
guide where you can get more details.
As per that manual "An optimal minimum thread count is
typically 1 to 2 times the number of server CPUs. The more CPUs that
are available
to the AR System server, the fewer number of minimum threads are
needed."

Thanks,
Vamsi