Hi,

I agree with Axton. The crashes has probably nothing to do with the thread
settings.

On topic "optimum number of threads", I still use a very old
recommendation from Remedy: "If more than 10% of the calls are queued, add
more threads"

The API-log can be used to determine the number of times were there are no
gaps between calls. For example as I have don in our RRR|Log product.

The ratio between CPUs and Threads may or may not be valid. It might be
true on ITSM, but all depends on where the bottleneck is. It may be the
database that has too much to do, or it may be the filter-executions that
take too much time.

If you find degraded performance, and you have too many threads compared
to your number of CPUs, I would try to add more CPUs.

The optimum number of threads has nothing to do with the #CPUs, it is the
other way around...

        Best Regards - Misi, RRR AB, http://rrr.se

ps. Don't forget to come and talk to me in our booth at WWRUG in Las
Vegas! ds.