From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org]
Sent: Tuesday, November 24, 2009 12:09 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Naming Standards

**

Hi All,

I was wondering if there are any good standards for naming filters and active
links. On my server there is an amazing mix that appears to be dependant on
what worked for the previous Admins. Also is there any need/value to having the
name all one word like the last two examples. Really makes it hard to
read/find. Here are some examples of what I have.

CR-950-Notify Deinstall Closed-Cancelled
CR-UpdateAuditLogforAttachmentAdd
CR:SM-Company-ChkDefaultEmail-600 (SM=Submit/Modify)

Thanks
Mark

Mark Brittain
Remedy Developer
NaviSite
 <mailto:mbritt...@navisite.com> mbritt...@navisite.com
(315) 453-2912 x5418 (Phone)
(315) 317.2897 (Cell)
Reduce Cost of IT with Managed Hosting and Application Services from NaviSite.
Visit www.NaviSite.com Today.

This e-mail is the property of NaviSite, Inc. It is intended only for the
person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is
privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure. Distribution
or copying of this e-mail, or the information contained herein, to anyone other
than the intended recipient is prohibited.