Thanks Jason.

Your'e right about the situation getting better. The only reason I am taking
this trouble at this point is that the pages look fantastic on my phone...even
complex forms used in regular browsers.

I can login without any issue. Many of the buttons work. So, I feel that there
is not a whole lot standing between a simple working form and what I see now.
That by using a simple form, a limited set of workflow and using some
workarounds, I can get a small set of mobile devices to work with midtier.
That's the dream anyway and I may just be overreacting to what reviewers say is
the excellent ability of HTC Eris to render web pages.

I am also looking at ARSPERL to send html and limited javascript back to the
browser. Not the most elegant and scalable solution, but will work.