  From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org]on Behalf Of Martin, Robert
  Sent: Tuesday, December 15, 2009 2:00 PM
  To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
  Subject: Old fields staying in new view

  **
  Dear List,

  I have a display-only control panel form.  I selected a view, and copied
it to a new view, then removed the fields that I didn't want from the new
view.  But when I display the new view, in either the User tool or Mid-tier,
the fields are still there.  If I look at the "Fields in view" for the new
view, the unwanted fields aren't there, and if I go to the old view and look
at the "Views" tab for these fields, it doesn't show them appearing in the
new view.

  I've cleared the cache, and if I change the location of one of the fields
that are supposed to be there, the field appears in its new position, so it
doesn't seem to be a caching issue.

  Any idea what is going on?

  (ARS 7.1 p3, RH Linux server, Oracle 10.2 db)

  Dwayne Martin

  James Madison University