From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Konrad Banasiak
Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 1:21 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: UNIX to Windows Remedy Migration

**

Hello,

With ARS it is not a problem. You will need to install on Windows ARS
and all application, and import all workflow.

Worst problem is with data. Because it is not easy convert database from
ORACLE to MS SQL. I think you can only to copy data through the AR
Importer from last ARS to new ARS, but if your database is very big, it
can be hard to do.

If you will install on Windows ARS on the  oracle database, You will
need to redo only database from last server.

I made in one my client migration from Windows to Solaris, but  database
on all servers was the same.

Konrad

TopPositions

Really only one secure Plugin SSO for BM Remedy AR System.

Http://www.remedy-sso.com