From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Pierson, Shawn
Sent: Friday, July 16, 2010 2:09 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Schrödinger's Active Links on the Mid Tier

**

Ok folks, here is a weird one.  I am having an issue with a custom application
that started after we upgraded the Mid Tier from 7.1 to 7.5 patch 4.

Basically, I have a console with a table field and an external qualification.
That qualification is set on Window Open, and it is based on what permission
group you are in.  If you are in the CS group, it should show CS tickets, if
you are in the MH group, it should show MH tickets.  This works fine in most
scenarios, except for the one that we normally operate in.  Here are the ways
I've tested it:

1.       If I access the Mid Tier as the end user, I see the wrong group's
tickets.

2.       If I access the Windows User Tool as the end user, I see the correct
group's tickets.

3.       If I access the Mid Tier as the end user *with active link logging
enabled*, I see the correct group's tickets.

Granted, I am trying other ways of logging what is going on, but this sounds
like a bug in the Mid Tier to me.  I've been able to reproduce this several
times and have a ticket open with BMC Support, but I wanted to see if anyone
else has run into issues like this before.

Thanks,

Shawn Pierson

Remedy Developer | Southern Union

Private and confidential as detailed here
<http://www.sug.com/disclaimers/default.htm#Mail> . If you cannot access
hyperlink, please e-mail sender. _attend WWRUG10 www.wwrug.com ARSlist: "Where
the Answers Are"_