Just curious but is the ARS Server at the same version and patch level?

Joe

________________________________
From: "Pierson, Shawn" <shawn.pier...@sug.com>
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Sent: Tue, July 20, 2010 9:00:07 AM
Subject: Re: Schrödinger's Active Links on the Mid Tier

**
William,

Thanks for the response.  Actually, I don’t have a load balancer.  I basically
have one application server and one mid tier.  I’ve seen something similar what
you’ve described in another company I worked for, and it was because we were
behind a load balancer with something like 20 mid tiers, and one of the mid
tiers had an issue.

At this point I’m convinced that the error I am encountering is a bug in ARS
7.5
patch 4.  To describe my issue from a development perspective, I have a form
with two active links.  The users of the form are either in permission group A
or permission group B.  There is an active link that will set the table field
with the data for permission group A, which only that permission group has
rights to.  There is also an active link that will set the table field with the
data for permission group B, with only that group provided rights to run it.
Somehow, ARS on the Mid Tier seems to be ignoring the permissions of the active
links and at random times various users in group A are running the active link
for group B, despite not being in group B at all.

Based on this and many other bugs I’ve experienced with ARS 7.5, if I had a
time
machine I’d go back and tell myself not to upgrade at this time because it’s
too
buggy and unstable.  I’ve had numerous other issues that I was able to resolve,
but it makes me wonder what else is waiting to be discovered.

Thanks,

Shawn Pierson
Remedy Developer | Southern Union
5444 Westheimer Rd. Houston, TX 77056 | 713.989.7226