From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Martin, Dwayne - martinrd
Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2010 6:38 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: User can't open Home Page

**

Dear List,

We have a GN:ControlPanel form as our Home Page, and it opens whenever a
person logs in via the WUT.  We have a user whose Home Page opened fine
until this morning.  Now not only does the home page not open, if she picks
GN:ControlPanel from the Object List it still doesn't open.  All the other
forms open.  If she logs in on a different PC the Home Page opens.   If I
log in on her PC the Home Page opens.  If she logs in via Mid Tier the Home
Page opens.

There is something strange about that particular person and that particular
form on that particular PC that just started happening this morning.

Another clue.  Her configuration settings don't stick.  If she adds a new
server on the problem computer or enters a Home Page, then logs in again,
the new info is gone.  But if she makes configuration changes from another
computer they stick on that computer, but don't show up on the problem PC.
We tried restarting the PC, but that didn't help.

And it isn't even Halloween!

Dwayne Martin

James Madison University

(WUT 7.1, Win 7 PC, ARS 7.1 p3)