Thanks, Mike.  Based on LJ and Abhijeet's input, I'm headed down your path.
I'm having trouble understanding Umakant (BMC support), but I think he wants to
establish a WebEx session to also work in that direction (i.e. move the java
stuff to the server).

After installing Developer Suite on a workstation, the jar files are at:

C:\Program Files\BMC
Software\ARSystem\dataimporttool\plugins\com.bmc.arsys.studio.api_7.6.3.build001\lib

So far, I've moved them to a just-created directory on our Solaris server.

I need to find out where or figure out what
"com.bmc.arsys.apiext.data.DataImport" is.  As it appears in the command line,
it looks like an argument to the java binary.  The Windows (DOS) batch file
looks similar.

I've shared all this with support.

Failing this, Mike Walters offered an alternative for arimportcmd.  Evidently
it was moved to the approval server directory.  We hadn't installed the
approval server (don't use it), but I'm willing to give it a shot (tomorrow,
assuming that we're still stuck in java land!).

Mike White
EMail michael.wh...@verizon.com<mailto:michael.wh...@verizon.com>
Office 813.978.2192