From: Pierson, Shawn <shawn.pier...@sug.com>
Subject: Re: Knowledge Management Install
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Date: Monday, January 10, 2011, 8:10 AM

**

I would suggest putting it on a different server entirely
because we ran into some API issues trying to install it on the same server as
the Mid Tier.  It looks like you are using your application server, so you
may not have conflicting versions of Tomcat, but there is still a potential
somewhere for some sort of conflict.  Also, whether you like it or not,
the application is web-based.  RKM has literally nothing to do with Remedy
aside from some minor integrations, so it won’t be like dealing with
another Remedy app.  It’s dealing with a another third party app
that can be integrated with Remedy to populate it’s users and groups,
populate the dropdowns from the Product Catalog and such, and you can integrate
from Remedy apps to be able to display RKM in View Fields.  You should
look through the steps to integrating it with Incident Management, because you
could leverage some of that workflow to integrate it with your custom apps.
The only other thing to keep in mind is to be current on all patches, and hope
for the best.  If all doesn’t go well (I’ve never had an
install without some issues), Carrie at BMC is a wizard at supporting the
product.

Thanks,

Shawn Pierson

Remedy Developer | Southern Union

5444 Westheimer Rd. Houston, TX 77056 | 713.989.7226

From: Action Request
System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of
Brittain,
Mark