Hello,

Does anyone can shed some light on how to troubleshoot and give a good
approach to a situation I am facing with a customer?

I am not a network expert, but our customer is reporting way too much
bandwidth consumption between ARServer box and Oracle DB box in a L2L
with 10Mbps. ARSystem is 7.0 on Linux, they are using a really old
Remedy Helpdesk version 6.0 and the BD is Oracle10.12g. The linux box
is dedicated to Remedy and it is not heavily used, there are a very
few users connected any given time.

The network guy is providing me with some graphs and data they have
collected using Sniffer Pro Version 4.50.04. According to his
explanation, the numbers and percentages he provides in the following
output represent the amount of bytes that are being transmitted since
the sniffer is activated.

For instance, I have this snapshot at 10:45 am, where he reports a
total amount of 199,350,000,000 bytes being transmitted in that
particular moment, and Remedy using 140,607,1000,000 bytes of that
total.

The table he provides shows the following:

Point 1 (Remedy) to Point 2 (Node 1 Oracle Database): 70.44% bandwith usage
Point 1 (Inconcert) to Point 2 (x): 9.07%
Point 1 to Point 2: 1.67%
Point 1 to Point 2: 1.4%
(Some other business applications are listed in the table, I am not
listing them but they give me a total of 100%)

I would appreciate some insight on this issue, what other factors
should I consider

Thank you

Mauricio